Fundraising: Ideas For Fundraising
Thank you for considering raising funds so that IJM can continue the work of rescue.
Online fundraising tools make it easier than ever! Be an IJM FreedomMaker: In less than 10 minutes you can create a personalized fundraising webpage and share your campaign with friends and family through email and social media sharing functions. Upload photos and videos and track your progress. Here are just a few ideas from other IJM supporters to get you started:
- Give up your special day! Instead of gifts for your birthday, wedding, anniversary or graduation, ask for your friends and family to give a gift of freedom through a donation to IJM.
- Participate in a sporting event: run, bike, paddle or even climb for the work of justice by having your friends and family support you for each meter, mile or lap.
- Host a dinner or throw a party: invite your friends to learn about IJM and ask for donations.
- Form a Book Club: Read Just Courage, Good News About Injustice or Terrify No More and set a financial goal for your group to raise.
- Create a Unique Event: Use your creative talents and interests to support IJM through a fun event. Host a concert, film festival, yard sale, car wash, or lemonade stand.
- Come up with a new, exciting idea that allows you to use your own gifts for this work. Grow your beard, cut your hair. Ask your contributors to pay per inch!
- Download tools from our Fundraising Toolkit to make your fundraising easy.
Click on the links below to Download/View the tools:
- How to Raise $1000
- Impact of Your Gift
- FM Event Ideas
- Support Letter
- Thank You Letter
- Press FAQ
- Press Release template
- Press Promo Tips
- "How to" - Consignment Boutique event
- "How to" Wine & Sign event
- FreedomMaker Social Media Tips & Tricks
- Big Birthday Wish - FB Cover Photo - 4 Options
- Big Birthday Wish - Blog Banners - 3 Options
- Stories and Factsheets
- Download entire toolkit here
Matching Gifts: Implement a matching gift program for your company to match gifts that employees give to IJM.
Support IJM Now
Your gift enables IJM to bring rescue and restoration to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.